Welcome to Helluva Grill
Helluva Grill is a beloved chain of greasy spoon restaurants that started in Chattanooga, TN in the late 1960s. It quickly gained popularity for its hearty southern fare, including meat and three plates, fried chicken, and other comfort food favorites. By 1981, the chain had grown to 97 locations across Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi. Throughout the 1980s, Helluva Grill continued to be a go-to spot for locals and travelers alike, with waitresses sporting bow-ties and vests to add a touch of class. However, in the 1990s, the chain was sold and purchased several times, and many of the locations were closed or rebranded. Today, only three Helluva Grill locations remain: Pulaski, TN; Cleveland, TN; and Athens, AL. These remaining restaurants continue to serve up the same hearty southern fare that made Helluva Grill a beloved institution for so many years. For those who remember the chain's heyday, these remaining locations offer a nostalgic trip to the golden age of southern dining. Come on in!
- Monday: Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans, and cornbread
- Tuesday: Fried catfish with hushpuppies, coleslaw, and fries
- Wednesday: Fried bologna with macaroni and cheese, fried okra, and roll
- Thursday: BBQ pork with baked beans, corn on the cob, and garlic bread
- Friday: Fried chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans, and roll